Wednesday, April 23, 2008

ALC Journey Continues

FUNDRAISING:
I'm pushing ahead in my quest to ride for the fourth consecutive year in AIDS/LifeCycle 7, despite a busy schedule and a few minor setbacks. As I've mentioned in prior posts I have experienced much joy from training and completing "The Ride." In order to continue I must raise a minimum of $2500.

My fundraising has picked up but I'm still about $1000 away from the minimum with only 5 weeks to go. I need your help. If you're reading this you must care a little about me and my journey. I've had former co-workers donate $100, a friend of Gia's who I've never met pledged $1 per mile, one of my volunteers personally donated $500 (again) and is asking others to view my homepage. Please consider a donation of any amount so I can join my friends and family at the finish (my birthday) on June 7th.

DEDICATION:
The first year I dedicated the ride to my late brother-in-law and friend David, as I rode his TREK bicycle and channeled his beautiful spirit. I carried his picture throughout my training and all the way to LA.

The second year I rode for myself. I know it sounds selfish, but I was under strict orders from my therapist and it was necessary for my personal growth.

The third year I dedicated it to my late Mother who passed away the year before. I carried a precious picture of her on the beach when she was young and her smile lifted me over many a hill.

In the year in which I will be married, this time I've decided to ride in honor of my bride-to-be, Gia. I hope to carry a picture of her beautiful face and recall what makes me so happy (and no doubt do a little wedding planning in my head). Help me to make this a reality.

Please click here: ALC HOMEPAGE, for more information. Thanks.

__________________________________________________________________

6 comments:

Rick Warren said...

I'm surprised no one made a comment about me dedicating the ride to Gia. Not even herself.

Anonymous said...

That's because it's understood that you have dedicated the rest of your life to Gia, so the ride is kinda secondary as far as dedications go. Now if you dedicated a testicle or something, then we would have something to talk about.... LOL

Anonymous said...

anonymous good point and funny too. We are getting married and that is one big dedication to life long happiness. Soon......

Anonymous said...

You do like feedback Rick! I thought it was sweet and almost made me cry..."my bride to be...beautiful face...makes me so happy". We're all so happy for both of you. Maybe this weekend we'll find out who anonymous is!!
Love, Maria

Rick Warren said...

I'm guessing it's Butch Green of R.L.S.

J said...

Sorry about that! Forgot to login to post it. Of course it was me. Who else is that kind of a smarta**?