Monday, September 22, 2008

Wedding Update less than a week

Wow! It's really getting down to the nitty gritty. Everyone says the same thing, something to the effect of: "don't stress, it will all turn out alright, the important part is your love for each other, etc." Well that's all true and good advice, but I'm in the thick of it here folks. There are still many errands to run, calls to make, and not everyone is on MY time frame. I'm waiting for piano's to be tuned, meat to be picked up, napkins to be monogrammed, etc. Not sleeping near enough, which is causing stress to add to the stress.

Trying to relax, I swear, but with the San Francisco Jazz Festival pre-festival starting while I'm gone there is much work to be done before I leave town (Wed) so I'm trying to deal with all that as well. I think Gia's going to kick me out if I don't back off.

My brother Peter visited for 24 hrs. which was a nice break, but also distracted me from the tasks I had planned to do this weekend. I was telling someone this is the longest I've gone w/o watching TV in years. I did manage to catch the Emmy's on DVR.

Gia called in sick today (she deserved to) and was trying to get our laundry done and run some errands when I left her. We'll see how she's holding up tonight.

Off to a meeting at Davies Symphony Hall (a marvel) and then home for more stuff like writing vows, and practicing our first dance. Slow-Slow-Quick-Quick!

3 comments:

Joey said...

Dearest little brother. BREATHE! BREATHE! BREATHE! Mama told me before my wedding day "There is no point in worrying, it gets you nowhere" As someone wrote about Cathy Carli's tragic death . . .Hold each other a little harder tonite. Be that much kinder to one another. David would tell you Every LITTLE thing is gonna be alright Peace always, Joey

Anonymous said...

You said it sista!
Anita

J said...

Don't breathe like Joey says, hold your breath a really long time. I mean so long that you pass out.

This way you will finally get some sleep you deserve right about now.

You should think of it this way. If you stress too much now and don't sleep, your wedding night is going to be full of sleep. I'm talking from past experience...