Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Sister Bonny helps welcome in new life

When John was in the hospital I spoke more Spanish in 4 days that I have spoken in years. A young Mexican couple aged 24 & 22 were having their first baby and she arrived at 5AM and delivered at 11:10 PM. In the middle of that day I saw the new mother-to-be and said if my Mom could have 12 children you can have your first child. She passed away in July and she will guide you along with my wonderful brother-in-law David who worked with pregnant teens in a Continuation High School. I visited with the family speaking in English & Spanish and was with the family when baby Camilla was born and I saw her birth pictures. We all danced and sang Feliz Cumpleanos! The 4 year old cousin Andres wanted to sleep in his "comfy bed" and I said I do too after spending 2 nights on 2 chairs next to John. The next morning I visited the new parents with the baby who was 6lbs. 4 ozs. and gave them a card and a pink teddy bear holding a blanket from the gift shop. They were so excited about their new daughter and I was too being a part of a new life. I think I missed my calling as I worked as a Ward Clark at Hazel Hawkins Hospital when I was a Gavilan College on the week-ends which I loved. Take care and thinking of all of you and especially Mom.
Love,
Sister Bonita (#2 1/2)

No comments: