Friday, January 26, 2007

The Passing of Terry Elliott

A friend of the Warren Family, Terry (center in photo), died on January 18th.

Here's what my sister Maria had to say about her best friend:
Terry had all the qualities you'd want in a true friend: caring, giving, trustworthy, honest, sweet, loving and fun! She was always up for going somewhere and loved parties. She was more than a friend. She was family, and us Warrens' "8th Sister". She loved being a part of our family and we loved having her. Her laugh was hearty and she enjoyed even the simplest things. She lived very much "in the moment". She made work fun, and many of her co-worker/friends will miss being energized by her. This angel on earth came into our lives for a reason, and now she is at peace as an angel in heaven. We have pictures and memories to sustain us, and her spirit will live on with us forever.

January 11, 2007

Dear Terry,

I’m so sorry you aren’t feeling much better. I cherish our times together, laughing at David’s memorial BBQ, dancing a little and that beautiful walk we took in the Sacramento Park. We laughed when we swung on the swing and you talked about recovery. I still wish that for you. I so much enjoyed seeing you on Christmas Eve. It was the highlight of my trip and I realized why I quit work, why we made the trip and why it was so important for me to be with my family and to see YOU.

I am so saddened that I never got to say “bye” to my mom or to David. But what’s the purpose of saying “bye?” We live, we learn and we comfort each other. When God put us on this earth, he gives us one thing to do: Love One Another

And that is what you have taught me. Accepting a friend, and accepting another sister. Many people tried to “be in” our family and I was a bit hesitant, but not with you. When I saw you I felt like you were “one of us”. More then that, you are such a good friend to Maria. We all need friends. Tim is my friend, my daughters are growing up and they seem to be better friends now that they are older, but my GIRLFRIENDS mean so much to me.

In your acceptance to be with God, know that CANCER CANNOT Take away our love for you or you for us.

I love you!
“your little sister” -Anita

Read more letter to Terry at: Legacy.com

No comments: