Friday, February 11, 2011

She was born on her Twin Sisters' Birthday


Me and Maria on my wedding day



My sister, Maria, was born 6 years to the day after "the twins" Peggy and Bonny. Yes, it's true I have 3 sisters all born on February 11th.

Gia and I woke up this morning laughing while reminiscing about my crazy family and wondering what is was like for Mom and Dad to have all those little ones. I got to thinking that just in between the Feb. 11 girls alone were born Susy (the triplet), Sean (Seany-boy) and Cefe (who would go on to have 4 of her own).

To quote my young niece Alana, "that's a loooooooooooot of people."

Peggy and Bonny, although twins, have quite opposite personalities. Peggy was born first and is a peace-loving easy-going personality and lives in Sacramento. Bonny, who lives in LA County, is very organized, loves to cook and is far more conservative. However, both are devoted grandparents. Maria, the mother of Carson, also lives in Sacramento and has long worked for the Federal Gov't. She loves her lattes, reality TV shows and can tell a story or two.

I love my sisters, all seven of 'em, and we are so blessed that three of them were born this day.

Happy Birthday to Margarita, Bonita and Maria de Lourdes.



Peggy(left) and Bonny on my wedding day

9 comments:

Anita Warren said...

and did you mention the BEST sister of all (although we don't play favorites, as mom would say), ME!

The Johnson Family said...

I cannot believe you have 7 sisters...yikes! My brother and I share a birthday, 3 yrs apart. But there are only 3 of us total.
See you on the road!
-Emily

Emily Taormino said...

PS- I'm not the Johnson Family, I just work for them! :) Emily

Unknown said...

Great post Rick! You have wonderful sisters all wonderfully different and fun.

Mom said...

I always thought it would be fun to have a big family that all grew up together. (Mine is a bit more scattered.) Happy Birthday to your sisters!

Anonymous said...

Wrote a comment last nite on BD, but don't see it. Rick, nice story and thanks for featuring ME! One correction; was born on Peg & Bon's 6th BD, not 7th. Maybe you were thinking 7 'cause I'm the 7th child and you have 7 sisters, or I was 7 when they had a 13th party and sang happy bd to me... I can tell a story or two, or too long of a story. Love sharing a bd with my twin sisters. Love you, Maria

Rick Warren said...

oops, sorry Ridga, i made the correction.

Alys said...

Rick, what a lovely tribute to your sisters. I've always been envious of your big, close-knit family. Claire and Peter's wedding weekend was my first real entry into the raucous, joyous and inviting Warren clan.

I was born on my mom's 40th birthday. I conceived my second son on my 40th birthday, then delivered him on Father's Day. I love all the little coincidences in life.

bridget said...

:-)