Saturday, September 29, 2007

10 days, 10 siblings: Day 3

Day 3, but kinda feels like Day 1.

I'm writing from Brian's computer, but he's actually not here....off camping with his family including Brendon. Hope to see him and all "growd" up Jade and Santa on Sunday afternoon. Just arrived and going out to dinner with Bonny and John soon. Tomorrow before meeting up with Brian I will likely go to this state of the art cinema place called ArcLight Hollywood.

I'm actually off to an auspicious (is that the right word, certainly Susy will correct me) start. I was supposed to see Kevin on Thursday, but he had to work while I was there to pick up his car. I did get to see Sally briefly, so I'm going to count that, I know she wants me to...LOL. Gia and I were in Napa that day (I playing hookie) and she shopping, we also went wine tasting at one place and had this amazing steak dinner, far far away from where we started, but that's another story all-together.

After work on Friday, headed to Los Gatos for dinner with Jim Arballo and a few friends. I was going to attend a play of a mutual friend, but I begged out to get to Hollister earlier than later. Did see Kenny briefly before he had to get to bed. I didn't realize he was already done with the house arrest thing. Now just on probation. We had a laugh and then chatted with Dad about the Vegas trip. Sounds like it was a great time. Thanks to Peggy and Anita. Dad says Peggy's place is great, and that Anita is well connected. I love the stories of getting moved around from the green room, private box?, and front row seats. I think I'd enjoy hearing Tom Jones sometime; but it's never been on my radar. Oh and the 1/2 price Rat Pack tickets, nice job Nini. Peggy, were you just going along for the ride or what? Valet parking, sounds nice.

Today started with a trip to Compassion Pregnancy for some copying (more on that when I see you in person) and some Google mapping. I'm all setup now, thanks to Dad's connections, even if different than Nini's...LOL. Dad and I had a nice breakfast at Cozy Cafe and he walked home from there. Wow! He can walk for a man of advance age...better than me probably. Drove the I-5 all day and looking forward to the real visits starting.

Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it just you or are you bringing Gia too? Just curious...what is all the copying about...now I am really curious. Yah, had some great connections!!!!!!!! Dad had a blast, glad he is still physically able to do these things. Family, I highly recommend that you take him on a trip too, he's a real trooper! See you on Sun. or Mon. Ricky! Love, Anita

Anonymous said...

"Auspicious" is correct, brother. If you think Peggy was some passive third wheel in Vegas, you haven't heard enough. As she IS on your tour of siblings, you can hear all from her, unless her attitude is, "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas". Just kidding, what do I know, I only heard Nini's version of events!
So far you seem to be having fun and eating a lot of meals out. I promise to make you a homemade meal (dinner tomorrow or breakfast Monday) while you are at my house.
Lots Of Love,
Susy

J said...

Hey! You were in Los Gatos and didn't give me a call???

That's okay, I was in Hollister that day golfing at the Baumgartner Benefit

Anonymous said...

Hey, what is the Baumgartner Benefit? Curious Hollisterite wanting to know.
=Anita

J said...

Oh, you can check it out at www.earlmitchell.org.

Earl, Lisa's husband, had an operation early this year to remove a brain tumor the size of two golfballs. This, on top of the fact that their daughter had a liver transplant during infancy and another recent, unrelated problem, created the need for some extra cash for medical bills.

They had a Golf/Dinner Benefit in San Juan Oaks on Friday the 28th. Tons of people were there.

Lisa and Earl live in the Reno area along with their two kids.