Friday, March 07, 2008

Maria's Hot Latte Challenge

I have a new game for the family, involving the photos below, and having to do with my favorite drink -- a hot latte! As I was going thru the pictures, I associated some right away with members of our family. I decided to come up with one for each of us 12 "kids", like Mom did for us with the prayer windows, and that's when I got the idea to make it a game.

Since there are 14, I included Mom & Dad. I went back and forth with some of them, but now chose one for each. Anyone could play and some of the "symbols" could be associated with the spouses and families, but just guess Mom, Dad or one of us sibs, by matching up ea. name with a #.

The winner who gets the most matched up correctly will get a prize from me --- maybe coffee, or chai latte for Rick.

Love you a latte (hee hee),
Maria

Coffee Art:
There is a restaurant in Vancouver...actually three where they dress up the lattes. You get to watch them create the pictures. What can be done with coffee, cream, milk & imagination? For the coffee lovers and others just to enjoy the art.


Add the number after the name and email answers to Maria:

+Mom=
Dad=
Ken=
Peggy=
Bonny=
Susy=
Sean=
Cefe=
Maria=
Josefa=
Kevin=
Peter=
Anita=
Rick=

1)


2)


3)


4)


5)


6)


7)


8)


9)


10)


11)


12)


13)


14)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Anita, I am done, read your email, Maria! This was hard for most, some obvious. -Anita

Anonymous said...

i have been too busy for email, so am just seeing this for the first time tonight. I have seen this art before. It's lovely. Not too sure of some, but will include my reasons and am most eager to hear the correct answers and why. Thanks for the fun. This is my reward after working on taxes all evening. V.

Anonymous said...

This was a really cool challenge! Very unique - Chelsea

Rick Warren said...

Maria,
When is the deadline? We forgot to mention that. I can hardly wait to hear the results, which we can post here.

Anonymous said...

I thought the deadline for the answers should be Sat., 3/22, and can announce the answers on Easter. Also can post them either Sun. or Mon. I can see so far that on some of 'em I waivered on and went a different way are what some chose, so I will put my "reason's why".

Chelsea, thanks for saying it's a cool challenge and unique. I got your email for your Dad's choices today.
Maria

Anonymous said...

A bit delayed, but here are the "matches" I came up with to the Latte Quiz!
1. Rick (the moon & stars to Gia!)
2. Cefe (Starburst/Sun;similar to prayer window Mom picked out)
3. Kevin (gentle like a butterfly)
4. +Mom (beautiful woman with curly hair)
5. Dad (Papa Bear)
6. Ken (dog; just 'cause)
7. Joey (Pisces fish)
8. Maria (heart; theme of most BDs)
9. Anita (flowers; full of life & sunshine)
10.Susy (ship; live near the beach)
11.Peter (Monkey Doodles!)
12.Peggy (Queen of hearts; 4 grandchildren)
13.Sean (likes astronomy)
14.Bonny (two cups = twin; heart)

I'll post the winner soon.
Thanks for those who played!
Maria

Rick Warren said...

Really kewl Maria, now it all makes sense.
Looking forward to hearing who won.
Don't forget to email everyone, and send them back to the answers.

Rick Warren said...

revisiting this today (on Maria's bday), how clever.