Sunday, August 27, 2006

Claire, Chelsea & Rochelle doing Alzheimer's Memory Walk for Mom

As many of you are aware, My girls and I have made it an annual event to participate in the Alzheimer's Memory Walk. This year is no exception. However, this year I walk for my Mother-in-law, Ramona Warren who died July 26th 2006.
Ramona was a very special person who I am honored was part of my life. At the end of her life she developed Dementia which impaired her memory. The last time I went to California to see my in-laws, Ramona looked at me and said "do I know you from somewhere?" Fortunately, I was able to get her to recognize me after a few hours by looking at photographs of my family with her and reminiscing about the past.
I will miss Ramona very much, and felt it was appropriate to walk in her honor this year.
Any donation (none is too small) would be greatly appreciated. Please mail your donations to me, made payable to "Alzheimer's Association." My address is 194 Long Ridge Drive, Bailey CO 80421.
Please mail me your donations before September 16th, as I need to bring all the donations and turn them in the day of the walk
Thank you in advance for your support.
Love,
Claire

No comments: