Sunday, August 13, 2006

MAMAGONE-a poem by Susy

                      

MAMAGONE

It’s a time to stare out over the vast sky.

It’s time to watch the ocean waves ebb and flow you into a spacey place,

To let a hot wind warm you,

And a cold drink cool you.

It is a time to be passive and still.

But the world pulls at me:

I have to drive my car to work and to errands.

Today I remember (14 days later) to tell my friends

That my mother died.

The world pulls me back because you have to work to eat,

But I just want to rest

In the cozy arms of my husband,

Or a big stuffed chair,

Or a warm bed,

With a soft pillow near a smiling puffy lamb that belonged to her.

His arms encircle a purple teddy bear whose shirt reads,

“Love you, Mother”

I love you mother.

It is unreal that you are gone.

VSS

8/8/2006

No comments: