Friday, August 18, 2006

"comfort food" by Vin Sue

Click on photo to enlarge.

The siblings related stories of craving egg salad sandwiches, in the days after our Mom's funeral. Mom used to make them for us. Here is Vin's image of this occurance, titled "comfort food".

Here's my own story:
Today I was intent on finally eating an egg salad sandwich to get in solidarity
for Mama. So I headed to the most popular cheap local deli (Lee's @ $2.95 Mom
would be proud) and waited in the long line. As I waited it appeared everyone
in there was ordering egg salad. When I finally got to the counter the guy who
ordered seconds before me got, you guessed it, an egg salad sandwich.
Determined to share my experience, I told the shocked financial district fella,
"My Mom recently died and nearly everyone in my family everyone in here,
including you, are ordering egg salad sandwhiches in her honor." His response
was a quizzical one. And that was the best egg salad I've had in decades.-Rick

No comments: