Saturday, October 06, 2007

10 sibs, 10 days: Homeward Bound

Still in Sacramento this Saturday morning. Heading toward home later tonight, will stop off in San Rafael and possibly Mill Valley to catch the Film Festival.

Hung with Amari all Saturday morning, he calls me Uncy. So easy-going and adorable, I think I finally used up all the digital camera's space. Rochelle came over with the baby, "little bootie" and I got to meeet Elijah for the first time. Promptly blessed his big head and kissed him. He was sleeping the whole time.

Later Peggy and I went shopping in downtown and I got two pairs of jeans (2nd one was cheaper). We had latte's and later ate a snack and beer samples. It was great to get out for some quality Peggy-time. She kidded me that we weren't done talking about her.

Saturday night we had a big ham dinner here at 1633. Attending were: Peggy, Altie, Me, Cefe, Rivianna, Quinlan, Maria, Dave, Carson, Terrica, Ariana, Laila, Rochelle, Amari and Elijah. The babies slept alot. We cooked, ate, yapped and scored the 36 Orderly Questions from Cefe. Will publish answers and winners soon. Great time here, and sad to leave.

Heading to see Carson's soccer game now, and pick up Quinlan on the way.

Looking forward to being home and seeing Gia late tonight. Although Kevin's been calling to keep me in the Rafael for Sunday, we'll see.

I'll be posting a wrap up message, photos and a multiple choice "travelling trivia" contest soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rick, The ham, salad & mashed potatoes dinner was Friday although it did seem like Saturday.It was great to see you & talk & laugh & remember. Brunch the next day was fun. It was nice sharing an omelet & pancakes with you. As I read your blog & all your exciting adventures I feel like I'm on the adventure too. Thank you Ricky for all you do for us! It is very life affirming to to a part of this. I love you little brother! One love, Cefe

Rick Warren said...

Cefe,
Thanks for the encouragement, you and your family are always a joy to visit with. I hope to take Rivi to Hollywood for a visit sometime, like I did with Shahera when she was 14. But neeed to make time for Quinlan too. Maybe during Christmas Holidays. Will be in Hollister for awhile, I hope. Love you, Rick.