Monday, October 01, 2007

10 sibs, 10 days: Movie Night



From Escondido, this Monday evening following movie night which I hope will be a new tradition at the Horton's. We watched an inspirational movie in a tent on a large screen with couches and all. Great time! I instantly thought of how Rivianna would like this. Will have to come back again for a 1st of the month, or 1st Friday?

Picked up Alana at school today, with Nini. She's so darling, in SECOND grade, and full of ideas. We listened to hip-hop music in the car. Later went clothes shopping at Nordstrom Rack and the health food store.

Got to see Nicki and Samara and hang with them outside where the weather is perfect here. We BBQ'd but Anita and I got distracted and I got blamed for burning the seasoned carne asada. What's new?

Regardless, I'm having such a good time here in SD that I just decided to stay an extra day in order to hang with the fambam and go to a lecture from Thich Nat Han with Steve and Susay on Tue evening. I'll make up for it by driving straight to Hollister on Wed morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rick,
We loved having you here, but Alana is now a big 2nd grader...Anyway, for the record, Ricky turned up the heat on the BBQ, so I blamed him...ha! It was still good meat.

Have a great rest of the week.
-Anita

Anonymous said...

Just reading about your trip it makes me want to go on one. We are so fortunate that we have so many siblings & so many places to go. I think movie night is a great idea too! Loved the pictures! Cefe